Hi everyone. me sry i havent been tweeting, posting, or playing for a while. very very very busy 😦
That was my tweet this morning, and my first one in exactly 1 month. Its a very sad fact, but its the truth. I have been a very very busy wizard. Lately Ive decided that a penguin is waddling, and watching my life as a time line. Bahahahahahaha.
Well, since i have been away for such a long time, I should catch up on whats new! 🙂
- March Ravenwood Bulletin
- Ninja Lore Game Card Pack
- Wizard101 Postcards
- Game Updates
March Ravenwood Bulletin
01 March 2012 – Volume XLIII
Spring is coming to the Spiral! Hello everyone! As most of you know, I’m Moolinda Wu, and I’m the Professor of Life Magic at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts. Each spring, we are fortunate to have two visitors join us in the Spiral. The first visitor who will be arriving any day now is Pat O’Gold. She brings with her a very special pet for the season, and many many wands for you to buy. Watch for her to arrive in the Wizard City Shopping District near the fountain very soon.
Later this month, Eggbert will be arriving with his host of items to sell. Remember both Pat & Eggbert only take Crowns, but their items can also be found in the pockets of bosses throughout the Spiral.
Harold Argleston’s Book of the Month ClubThis is the March 2012 installment of my Book of the Month Club. These books have been suggested by a fellow Librarian from Earth, her name is Kit Ward-Crixell and she is a librarian in New Braunfels, Texas, USA. We love the rabbit folk of Wysteria and this month’s book is all about rabbits and fun with math! The Rabbit Problem by Emily Gravett is a fun picture book for little kids and a crazy math problem for older kids and adults! Back in the 13th century, a mathematician named Fibonacci tried to figure out how many rabbits would be born if a pair of rabbits were put together in a field for a year. (Hint: it’s A LOT of rabbits.) Ms. Gravett makes the math problem fun with illustrations, pop-ups, and lots of funny details – even recipes and knitting patterns. Look for this book in your school or local library and enjoy reading, young Wizards!
Greetings from Wizard CityWrite a postcard from Wizard City!
We know you love to invite your friends to play Wizard101, so now’s your chance to write a postcard from Wizard City! Postcards often tell people how much fun you are having, people you’ve met and your adventures, so tell your Wizard City story on a postcard!
We will pick some postcards to be featured in the Ravenwood News and on our Facebook page!
Pat ‘O Gold is back in the Spiral with her Saint Patrick’s Day wands and special pet! Visit her in the Shopping District by the fountain to check out the festive selection. Don’t let your Wizard get caught on Saint Patrick’s Day without any green on!
Ninja Lore Game Card Pack
New Spells from the Ninja Lore Pack!
The Ninja Lore pack is here, and it’s the first Wizard101 game card pack that allows your Wizard a chance to gain entirely new spells! On top of the chance to get cool new robes, swords and the adorable new Shenlong Dragon pet – the Lore Pack has three new reward spells!
The spells from the Ninja Lore Pack are reward spells, and do not cost your Wizard a training point. They will go into your spellbook just like any spell you have learned from a trainer, and they will not disappear when you sell your spells back for Training Points with Mr. Lincoln. They will obey the rules of a normal spell, meaning you can blade, trap, enchant etc. Once you have received a spell from the Ninja Lore Pack, it will not appear as a reward again on that character. You cannot delete or sell these special spells.
Powerpips & Ninja Lore Spells
Ninja Lore Pack spells will obey the rules of pips and powerpips. If you are a Myth Wizard and receive a Myth spell it will use your pips and powerpips accordingly. If you are a Balance Wizard and receive a Myth spell, it will use your pips & powerpips accordingly. If you are wearing a Myth Mastery Amulet, it will use your pips & power pips accordingly.
Now, that sounds REALLY neat!!! I cant wait to see if one day I can get a ninja pig SPELL. Now that would be a vicoty moment!!! Bwahahahahaha!
The following updates are being made to combat:
- Underwater Casting Animation has been repaired and should correctly reflect the type of casting implement you are using.
- Rank X spells now use the correct amount of mana for spells outside your school of focus
- Area of Effect spells no longer play through if all targets are eliminated before the spell is cast
- Pips and spells are no longer being lost if the creature or player they were about to cast a spell on was defeated in combat.
- Players can no longer use the mark and recall exploit to escape combat. Resurrected players should no longer display the stars and moons dizzy animation.
- Casting a spell that targets no one and that doesn’t create a global/minion/etc will no longer take away cards/pips/mana.
- Players in combat should no longer appear to have maximum power pips when you approach, or log in to a duel.
- Enchanting a card during your turn of a duel will now hold its position in your hand and not re-sort.
- Many more music scrolls have been added to duel rewards.
The following updates are being made to spells:
- Insane Bolt Treasure Cards now restricted from use in PvP
- Mend now has the correct description of outgoing instead of incoming
- Icebird & Icezilla Treasure cards can now be bought and sold in the Bazaar
- Myth Banshee now does myth damage, as she should!
- The Goat Monk spell now has sound effects.
- The Samoorai spell now has sound effects.
- Sirens is now removing two charms as intended and now correctly displaying -50% Accuracy on cast.
The following updates are being made to creatures of the Spiral:
- Mr Incinerator is now using a storm deck instead of a death deck
- Clinker was labelled storm, but used a myth deck. Clinker is now labelled as Myth
Equipment & Item Changes
The following updates are being made to equipment:
- Snow on the Small Snowy Maple Tree and other snow covered items in the Raven’s Hoard pack should once again be white!
- Savanna Dream Headwrap’s Spell “Spirit Blade” will no longer appear to be cast by your pet
- Level 65 and 70 equipment now have the Crowns icon
We recognize that players want to dye the level 65 and 70 outfits. We are listening to your requests and considering this change for a future update. No promises, but please know we are listening to your concerns and discussing them for future implementation.
Crown Shop Updates
To help organize and make shopping faster, there are two new tabs in the Crown Shop:
Accessories will show you athames, rings and amulets. Housing Items will show you decorations for your home. Teleporters are the exception, and will be sold in the Houses tab.
We have also made improvements in how quickly the Crown Shop will load for all players.
Spiral Shopping Updates
Items previously sold for Crowns in vendors throughout the Spiral have been removed from those shops. We will soon be placing those items in the Crown shop, so there’s no longer a need to find a friend to take you to Dragonspyre to purchase the Storm Hound, you’ll be able to purchase those items in the Crown Shop for the same currencies for which they are available on the Live Game. (Crowns only or Crowns and Gold depending on the item)
Miscellaneous UpdatesThe following updates are being made to the game:
- Recent changes that required players to complete Triton Avenue, Firecat Alley and Cyclops lane in a specific order have been reverted. You can now receive quests to enter all three streets at the same time.
- The “Go to Commons” button now displays “Go to PvP Lobby” when you’re in a PvP arena
- Everyone will be able to see KingsIsle Support badges even if they have their “Display Names” setting to none
- The Yellow Elf pet will be removed from the Kirin Hoard pack rewards. It was intended as an exclusive first generation pet for those who voted for us in the Online Choice Awards. We’re human and mistakes happen – the yellow elf pet was erroneously added to the Kirin Hoard pack rewards, and will be removed as a chance reward from that pack.
- New accounts can no longer skip the tutorial on their first Wizard
- Limit 1 restrictions have been removed from most items (but not all!)
- Advanced computer users are now allowed to change installation directory on Vista or Windows 7
- Zamunda Barracks is now a gauntlet which means you cannot teleport into this area
- Players can now properly switch from high res textures to low res textures
- Clicking on the Quest arrow will now bring up your Quest Journal
- Two handed swords will now be held properly in the character selection screen
- Some issues with oversized ice blocks in the pet minigames have been resolved
Again, some really neat stuff!
So apparently, today is my wiza-versary. YAY! bahahaha. I dont even have a clue how long its been, but its been fun!!! Thanks everyone for the great experience!
I think thats my 3rd bday hat! hahahahaha
Hope to see you in school soon!